On February 28 2013 our neighbour Dave Talbot was awarded the Queens’ Diamond Jubilee Medal by the Town of Comox. Dave gives phenomenal energy and creativity to his volunteer work, driven by his passion for global justice. Notably, he is organizer extraordinaire of the Fiesta Fair Trade Fair, an annual bazaar in the Valley. He was instrumental in the campaign several years ago to save Elks Park from development, when many Kye Bayers gave cash and pledges to help fund the Town to buy a lot. Dave is a director of the Kye Bay Ratepayers Association. He lives at 1460 Kye Bay Road (opposite the mailboxes). Read more in an article on Dave’s award.
News & Stories
- Kye Bay: in case of big quake/emergency
- Another Kind of Tourist
- John Bullock Memorial
- Meeting with Geoduck Farm Proponent held 27 November 2013
- Potential Geoduck Farm In Waters Off Kye Bay
- Check Your Yard for HOG WEED!
- Snowbird Watching…
- Kye Bay Gone to the Birds!
- Dave Talbot: Diamond Jubilee Medal – Congratulations!